HKMLC SHEK ON MEMORIAL KINDERGARTEN
Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2023/24 School Year
The Education Bureau (EDB) will continue to implement the admission arrangements for K1 classes in kindergartens(KGs) for the 2023/24 school year (hereafter referred to as “2023/24 K1 Admission Arrangements”) with a view to facilitating the smooth operation of the admission process of KGs and helping parents confirm early a KG place for their child. For registration and other details please refer to the EDB’s website http://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e
|September to November 2022||Applicants apply to EDB for the “2023/24 RC”|
|Distribution and Submission Period
Time: 9:00am to 5:30pm (Mondays to Fridays)
9:00am to12:30pm (Saturdays)
Collection of application Forms (No Quota):
1. Download from school website
2. Obtain from school in person
Complete and submit the application form in person or by post enclosed with the following documents:
1. A copy of applicant’s birth certificate & vaccination record.
2. Two recent photos of applicant.
3. Four self-addressed and stamped envelopes.
4. Enrolment fee HK$40. The enrolment fee is non-returnable
Cheque should be crossed and made payable to “HKMLC Shek On Memorial Kindergarten”.
8 November 2022 to
19 November 2022
(Date of interview)
|~The kindergarten will arrange interview for all applicants.
~ Parents should accompany their child for the interview.
~ Group and/or individual interviews will be arranged.
~For non-Chinese speaking children, please contact Ms.Chan at Email: [email protected] or telephone no.23283681 if interpretation / translation service if required
10 December 2022
(Announcement for the successful applicant and the waiting list applicant)
|We will inform parents of the admission results before 10 December 2022 by post.
5 to 7 January 2023
(The successful applicant and the waiting list applicant registration arrangements)
|1. Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 5 to 7 January 2023 by submitting the original of the “2023/24 RC” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
2. Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the original of the “2023/24RC” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
3. The registration fee for 2023/24 K1 place is (Half Day HK$970, Whole Day HK$1570) .
Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “2023/24RC” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “2023/24 RC”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
1. Applicant with sibling(s) or parents graduated from HKMLC Shek On Memorial Kindergarten or other HKMLCs’ Kindergartens will be given due priority consideration.
2. Applicant who resides near to the Shek On Mem. Kindergarten.
4. The applicant from families in need will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole day class.
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)